Saturday, August 15, 2009

BD Month

August is the birthday month at my house. Caleb on the 3rd, Hannah 8th, Tim the 20th and Rachel on the 30th. Thinking about birthdays this month, I have discovered that I am dissatisfied with the amount of time when a person is considered no longer too young but has not become too old. This time must be all of 45 to 50 seconds. Not long for a life. The see-saw shifts quickly.

Others will remind of which side you are on. My kids gave "an over the hill" on my 30th birthday. On the handwritten card, I was not just cresting the hill, but I was already at the bottom of the backside. The chaos in my life is realizing that others put me on either side of the line, just depends on whom I am talking to at the time. Will I be here when everyone agrees that I am only at the bottom of the backside?

Song of the Day:

One Day
Aaron Shust

Dedicated to Spencer Hutchins. (Hope LA is good for you)

One Day I will leave this body
and I will get a perfect one
That day I will see His glory
shining like the noonday sun
One day, I'll take a walk with Jesus
He might explain the mysteries of life

No comments: